Care Tips For Winter Lips | ABZEYLOUISE



Hate the feeling of sore irritated lips? Hate the look of flacking skin under your favourite autumn lippy?Then keep reading because this is my little guide to keeping your lips chap free through out winter.

Step 1 - Exfoliate
Exfoliating your lips is a very important step. It gets rid of the old dead chapped skin and leave the lips soft and smooth to absorb the moisture from the next step. It will also help your favourite lipstick from looking like a peeling mess.




When it comes to exfoliating i use LUSH Bubble gum lip scrub which comes in a variety of flavours. This specific product is sugar crystals which you buff around your lips polishing away all the dead skin. You can then wipe away the excess (or lick off according to the packaging). It smells amazing and tastes amazing and does a bloody good job in my opinion. However you don't need to run out and buy new products you can simply put an old tooth brush to good use by wetting the lips then gently buffing around until they are nice and smooth. After they are feeling nice and soft its ready to move on to the next step.


Step 2 - Moisturise
When peoples lips are starting to feel chapped and sore they rush out and by a tub of vaseline smother it around their mouths and wonder why it isn't helping (Hands up if you do this.. ). Vaseline is a barrier cream so before you apply your barrier you need to inject that moisture back in to your lips keeping them calm and supple.

Every beauty blogger Im sure has a stash of amazing lip moisturisers. Look out for ingredients such as Shea butter and aloe as these moisturise and calm cracked sore lips. Korres lip butters are amazing. Just stay away from anything containing petroleum jelly with a waxing finish which are normally your bog standard chap sticks.

I personally use Blistex relief cream. If you haven't tried these already you seriously need to give them ago they come in different variations but i always tend to stick to the bog standard one. Its says on the packaging 'medicated relief for cold sores, cracked, chapped and sore lips'. Which its most certainly does! It the most moisturising treat for your lips and i have been using this for the last 3 winters and it always works even when my lips are in a very bad bleeding state this always sees me through. I maybe apply through the day but these are thick so i tend to slather my lips in this at night and wipe the excess of when i wake up. I use this as a moisturiser and it keep my lips in tip top condition.. just give it ago seriously its amazing. So now your lips are plump and smooth its time to protect them.


Step 3 - Protect
This is where you need your petroleum jelly/wax based lip products to come in to play. You can bust out your chap sticks which provide a waxy finish to protect your lips from bad weather conditions and stop the moisture from escaping from your lips. These stop the elements from irritating your lips keeping them in the condition you want them.

I just use my good old faithful vaseline pot to see me through the winter because they are in expensive which is just what i need as i seem to lose them like theres no tomorrow. This keeps the moisture in my lips and stops them from chapping while Im out in the horrible wind and rain and when i go in doors to the central heating or the air conditioning in work which ever it may be that causes my lips to chap.


So there you have it. Thats my little guide that has seen me through the horrible winter months and saved me from horrible painful lips. I hope this helps and if you have any tips let me know! Would love to hear them.

Thanks for reading.

Abby x

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment