*Bonmarche review | ALMA-BELLA



Today i will be reviewing this Parker jacket from Bonmarche. When i typically think of Bonmarche i think of a shop that i would go in with my nan as i find their clothes are targeted to older women. So when i was asked if wanted to choose an item from their new in section on their website i thought i would have a little browse. Even if places may not suit my style i always like to have a look and see if theres anything that might stand out to me as i think if it suits you it doesn't matter what age its targeted at. And on this occasion it was this *Unpadded Parker as described on this website. I opted for a black jacket as i think a good comfortable jacket never goes out of style and is something i would get good wear out of. 

Now if you know me, you would know I'm OBSESSED with Pac-a-mac style jackets. In fact i have too many its beyond a joke. Now being plus size i do find that big padded jackets make me look 10 x bigger so i try and stay clear of them until it gets snowy and i have to wear one. I tend to get hot anyway so i stick to lighter jackets and this fits the bill perfectly. Size wise i went a size up and find it fits perfect. It flatters my shape and is long enough to cover my bum. I find with most jackets on the high street these days they are catered to smaller sizes and look like crop tops on me so i was pleased that this is long enough and im 5ft 7! They also have a size range up to a size 22 which i think is reasonable and good for us larger ladies.

The jacket is described as a light weight fully lined parka and is good for those transitional seasons which is 100% correct. It has a detachable hood and decent size pockets and also has a drawstring waist  band.

Overall i find this a really versatile jacket. Its light weight however keeps you warm,you can wear it through the colder months with added layers and it will be perfect on its own heading in to spring. I love these types of jackets that i can wear all year round, they are easy to carry around and good for chucking on with most casual outfits. They look clean and tidy and flattering in the parka style and the drawstring adds more shape so it flatters your body. 

I'm impressed with the quality and look of this jacket considering Bonmarche isn't somewhere i would typically shop it. Just shows you to not judge a book by its cover and branch out in to different shops when your out! I will definitely be heading in there every season to check out their jacket selection. And if your a larger lady looking for light jackets that are long enough to cover your bum i would highly recommend you go in there for a mooch when your next out shopping :)

You can find this particular parker HERE.

**Disclaimer- Thank you to the lovely lady that Gave me the opportunity to pick this jacket out to review, as it will be sticking with me right through till spring :)

Sorry about the pictures hate having my picture taken AND it was Peeing it down with rain not ideal!

And i think i will actually do a Jacket parker collection and what i wear them with as i have a rather large collection!

Follow me on twitter and Instagram @Abzeylouise

T

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment